Castor oil - Benefits and uses

Hello friends, today im going to share about the benefits and how i use castor oil for smooth skin and good hair.

Castor oil:

Castor oil is a vegetable oil pressed from castor beans. It is a pale yellow liquid with distinct taste and odour. It has been in use for a long time due to its medicinal properties. It is a natural anti inflammatory and anti microbial. 

Benefits 

Skin:

  • Anti-inflammatory : helps to treat irritaed or wound skin
  • Anti-microbial: helps to fight against acne and rashes.
  • Moisturiser: excellent moisturiser. Its a natural humectant hence absorbs moisture from air and keeps the skin hydrated.
  • Evens skin tone by reducing dark spots and improving overall skin complexion.
  • Anti-aging: helps in reducing wrinkles and slow down the process of ageing.

Hair:

  • Hair growth: promotes hair growth and nourishes the hair.
  • Healthy scalp: due to its anti microbial property helps in maintaining a healthy scalp. Fights against rashes and dandruff.

Others:

  • Laxative: natural laxative and helps improve bowel movement and relieves constipation.
  • Has a cooling effect on body.
  • Detoxifies the stomach and improves digestion.

Uses:

Let me share how i use castor oil.
  • To treat my dark circles. I use a drop of oil and massage it around my eyesbefore going to bed. This has significantly reduced my dark circles around my eyes. Please be careful while applying as it will burn if enters the eye.
  • Cuticle oil. I use it as cuticle oil as i have a very dry hands. This helps in softening my cuticle and my nails look healthy.
  • Deep conditioning my hair i use this oil in combination with honey and coconut oil. I massage this mixture and let it sit for an hour before taking bath. I do this once a month or once in 45 days.
Please do note that this is a very viscous oil hence lets a lot of time to be absorbed completely. You may feel oily for a while. You can dilute it with other oils to make it absorbed faster.

This oil is said to induce labor so pregnant women please consult a doctor before using it.
Also check for any allergy before using it.

So guys this a good product and is very inexpensive. So give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Comments

Popular Posts